Jerusalem Post/World NewsThe British embassy in Washington raised the incident with the White House out of concern that White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles' phone had been hacked for a second time.Follow us on GoogleBritain's Prime Minister Andy Burnham speaks during an interview with BBC journalist Laura Kuenssberg at No 10 North at Heron House, in Manchester, Britain, July 24, 2026. (photo credit: JEFF OVERS/BBC/HANDOUT VIA REUTERS)ByESTHER DAVISAUGUST 18, 2026 03:25British Prime Minister Andy Burnham communicated with somebody who was posing as a close adviser to US President Donald Trump, sources with knowledge of the situation told Politico on Monday.Burnham communicated with someone pretending to be White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, exchanging a "few messages of no signficance" before realizing that the contact was illegitimates, Politico reported.The sources said that the British embassy in Washington raised the incident with the White House out of concern that Wiles' phone had been hacked again. The White House told Politico that the incident "had nothing to do with the chief of staff’s devices being hacked.”Last year an FBI investigation was launched after Wiles' personal phone was hacked, giving an impersonator access to private phone numbers of senators, governors, top US business executives and other figures.Politico reported that Downing Street declined to comment on the incident. The contents and timing of the messages with the Wiles imposter remain unknown.Britain's Defence Secretary Wes Streeting walks following the first cabinet meeting with British Prime Minister Andy Burnham at 10 Downing Street, in London, Britain, July 21, 2026. (credit: Chris J. Ratcliffe/Reuters)Phone numbers of UK cabinet ministers have been leaked since the incidentSince the incident the personal phone numbers of at least three UK cabinet ministers have been published online, The Guardian reported on Monday evening.The names and numbers of UK Defense Secretary Wes Streeting, Justice Secretary Alex Norris, and Northern Ireland Secretary Chris Bryant were made available online, according to the report.Streeting's phone number has been removed, a source told the Guardian, with Downing Street officials working to take down the others.The source added that Streeting does all his government business on his official government phone. Downing Street declined to comment on whether measures had been put it place to prevent another breach.Follow us on Google
UK Prime Minister Burnham messaged someone posing as White House chief of staff - report
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Jpost →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.