Seven people dead, including two children, after minibus taking family to an engagement party crashes in Turkey

Seven people dead, including two children, after minibus taking family to an engagement party crashes in Turkey

See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source Published: 20:53 EDT, 15 August 2026 | Updated: 21:02 EDT, 15 August 2026 A Turkish minibus taking a family to an engagement party overturned Saturday, killing seven people, including two children, and injuring several others, authorities said.The governor's office said on X that two people had died at the scene of the accident and another five while in hospital.Medical staff were treating nine injured people, one of whom was in a serious condition, the statement added.The vehicle, transporting a family to the engagement celebrations in the southeastern city of Mus, was at Lice in Diyarbakir province when a tyre burst and the driver lost control, NTV television reported.The children who died were aged 10 and four, authorities said.Footage shows the crumpled vehicle with shattered windows and a completely charred interior.The governor's office said an investigation is underway to determine the cause of the accident.Murat Zorluoğlu, the governor of Diyarbakır, visited the injured in hospital. A Turkish minibus taking a family to an engagement party overturned Saturday, killing seven people, including two children, and injuring several others, authorities said The governor's office said on X that two people had died at the scene of the accident and another five while in hospital, updating the original tollHe wrote in an X post: 'I have learned with profound sorrow that the number of our citizens who lost their lives in the tragic traffic accident that occurred in Lice district has risen to 7.'I extend my condolences and prayers for patience to their families, loved ones, and all our fellow townspeople; may God grant mercy to the deceased citizens, and I wish a speedy recovery to those injured and still undergoing treatment.'Serra Bucak, the co-mayor of Diyarbakir, said the area had been plunged into mourning. 'Finding words to say in the face of this great sorrow is difficult. May our heads be bowed in sorrow. May the heads of Diyarbakır and Lice be bowed in sorrow,' she said. Bayram Bozyel, of the Kurdistan Socialist Party (PSK) in Turkey, expressed his condolences on social media.He said: 'Today, we felt profound sorrow upon learning that 7 of our fellow townspeople lost their lives in the horrific accident near Lice.'The minibus carrying people from the Lice Sisê village crashed at the Lice entrance while heading from Diyarbakır to Muş for wedding preparations.'In this tragic accident, 7 members of the same family perished, while many others were seriously injured.'We extend our condolences to the fellow townspeople who lost their lives in this tragic accident, and we offer our deepest sympathies to their loved ones. We share their pain from the bottom of our hearts.'We wish a speedy recovery to those injured in the accident. We hope that our people will never have to endure such sorrows again.'

Original Source

Read the full article at Dailymail →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.