The Duchess of Sussex could return to acting when she moves back to Britain after being offered an acting role in the country, sources claimed today.Meghan Markle had been known for her role in popular US legal drama Suits, playing lawyer Rachel Zane for seven seasons until she married Prince Harry.But after her last episode aired in 2018 and she joined the Royal Family, the 45-year-old duchess paused her acting career and has not had any parts since.Now, entertainment sources have told Australian outlet News.com.au that Meghan has been offered a role in an unnamed upcoming project based in the UK.Sources close to the duchess did not deny the reports to BBC News, and it gives a potential reason for why the couple are returning to Britain later this month.Meghan also has a small part in the upcoming US film Close Personal Friends, making a brief cameo appearance as herself alongside Lily Collins and Brie Larson.Before meeting Harry, the duchess had roles in CSI: Miami, sci-fi show Fringe and movies such as Get Him To The Greek, Remember Me and Horrible Bosses. She was also a 'briefcase girl' - a model holding a suitcase of cash - on Deal Or No Deal. But nearly a decade ago, Meghan confirmed in a joint interview with Harry following their engagement in 2017 that she was happy to pause her acting career. Meghan Markle played lawyer Rachel Zane for seven seasons of the US legal drama Suits Meghan also had a small role in the 2011 movie Horrible Bosses as a FedEx workerShe said at the time: 'What's been really exciting, as we talk about this as the transition out of my career is that the causes that have been very important to me, I can focus even more energy on. 'You realise that as you have access, or a voice that people are willing to listen to, [it comes with] a lot of responsibility, which I take seriously.'I don't see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change. It's a new chapter. And keep in mind I've been working on my show for seven years. We were very fortunate to have that sort of longevity on a series.'For me, once we hit the 100-episode marker, I thought, I have ticked this box and I feel really proud of the work we've done there and now it's time to work as a team with [Harry].'The Sussexes have not yet commented on their reasons for moving back to Britain, but the duchess will continue to run her lifestyle brand As Ever from their new base.While Meghan has not had an acting role in nearly a decade, she has appeared in several Netflix series as part of the couple's $100million deal in 2020 which was then watered down to a 'first-look' arrangement last year.These shows included two seasons of her lifestyle show 'With Love, Meghan', which was widely panned by critics, and the controversial 'Harry & Meghan' documentary, which featured a range of accusations against the Royal Family.She also appeared as a guest judge on MasterChef Australia last month, after filming the episode in Melbourne in April during a four-day tour of the country with Harry.Upon their return to the UK, the couple are to live in a non-royal residence outside of London - having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools.Meghan was once a 'briefcase girl' - a model holding a suitcase of cash - on Deal Or No Deal Meghan confirmed in a joint BBC interview with Harry following their engagement in 2017 that she was happy to pause her acting career, saying it was a 'change' and a 'new chapter'Decisions about whether taxpayers will foot the bill for their security remain unanswered. Prime Minister Andy Burnham would not be drawn on the security arrangements, saying yesterday that the funding for it was a 'private matter'.Harry and Meghan's decision to relocate to the UK was only relayed to the King on Sunday, three days before the news went public on Wednesday night.The Sussexes decamped to California more than six years ago amid the turbulent Megxit crisis, which was followed by ongoing family fallouts and a barrage of accusations fired at the Prince and Princess of Wales and the King and Queen Camilla.The King is said to be glad to be able to spend more time with the Sussex family, but remains adamant they will not be working royals, and there is no half-in, half-out option.Archie and Lili are expected to start at their new schools in early September, and the Sussexes are keeping their homes in California and Portugal.The Prince and Princess of Wales have not reacted publicly to the news. William – the future king – is estranged from his brother following Harry's controversial claims about the royal family in the wake of Megxit.A spokesman for the duke and duchess has been contacted for comment today.
Meghan Markle could return to acting when she comes back to Britain after 'being offered new role' ten years after pausing career
Full Article
Original Source
Read the full article at Dailymail →KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.