Jamal Musiala reveals neurological issue after on-field collapse in pre-season

Jamal Musiala reveals neurological issue after on-field collapse in pre-season

Jamal Musiala revealed he had been diagnosed with temporary, easily treatable absence seizures after collapsing during Bayern Munich's preseason friendly against Heidenheim, three days after a similar incident against RB Leipzig.Jamal Musiala collapsed during a friendly game for Bayern Munich. (Image: Reuters)Jamal Musiala revealed he was dealing with a neurological issue after collapsing during Bayern Munich’s preseason friendly against Heidenheim, saying he had been diagnosed with temporary but easily treatable absence seizures.The 23-year-old Germany international went down shortly after coming on as a second-half substitute in Tuesday’s friendly, just three days after a similar incident during Bayern's game against RB Leipzig.Players from both teams immediately formed a circle around Musiala as he received medical attention on the pitch. He was later helped from the field.Musiala subsequently took to Instagram to reassure fans and explain what had happened, saying he understood why the recent incidents had caused concern but wanted to make clear that he was doing well. "I have been diagnosed with temporary, brief absence seizures that are easily treatable and are caused by a neurological dysfunction," Musiala wrote."These can lead to the moments that have occurred recently, such as against Leipzig and now in Heidenheim."MUSIALA EXPLAINS HIS CONDITION Musiala said the episodes could appear alarming but had become part of his everyday life while he receives medical treatment, adding that he remained optimistic about his recovery."I know that these moments can look scary at first glance, but for me, they are currently part of my everyday life," he said. "I am receiving the best possible medical treatment for this and am very optimistic." Jamal Musiala shared a statement on Instagram explaining his health condition. (Image: Screengrab from Instagram/@jamalmusiala10) The Bayern midfielder also stressed that there was no additional health risk and said he had been working closely with neurological specialists."The important thing is that there is no additional health risk," Musiala added.He explained that, after consulting neurological experts, he had personally decided to continue living his everyday life and pursuing his career, with the approval of the specialists treating him.Musiala said Bayern Munich and his private circle had been supporting him throughout the process and that he had taken responsibility for the decision to continue playing.2ND INCIDENT IN 3 DAYSMusiala's latest collapse came only three days after he went down during Bayern's friendly against Leipzig. German news agency DPA reported after that incident that the midfielder had left the field on his own but appeared dazed.Bayern's statement on Tuesday's match did not provide details of the neurological issue. The club said only that Musiala had suffered a setback and was substituted after taking a knock minutes after coming on.The latest incident therefore raised further concerns about the midfielder's condition before Musiala provided his own explanation.The 23-year-old is now hoping to focus on his recovery while continuing to play football."What helps me most on this journey is continuing to chase victories and titles with my team, together with your incredible support," Musiala said.He also asked for privacy over the matter, saying he wanted to keep further details within his closest circle, Bayern Munich and the medical experts treating him.Bayern are scheduled to face Borussia Dortmund in the German Supercup on Saturday, the traditional curtain-raiser for the new season.- EndsPublished By: Amar PanickerPublished On: Aug 19, 2026 10:31 IST

Original Source

Read the full article at Indiatoday →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.