Gladiators star hints she’s been axed after confirming she won’t be on next series

Gladiators star hints she’s been axed after confirming she won’t be on next series

| Senior TV Reporter Published August 18, 2026 10:42am Updated August 18, 2026 10:43am Comet has said she will be ‘absent’ from the fourth season of the reboot (Picture: BBC/James Stack/©Hungry Bear Media Ltd) Gladiators star Comet has told BBC fans she will not be part of the upcoming series of the show, which is currently filming. The former gymnast, whose real name is Ella Mae Rayner, joined as Comet in 2023, but has now said she will be ‘absent’ from the fourth season. Rayner shared the news underneath an Instagram post on a Gladiators fan page, writing a thank you with what appeared to be a subtle dig at the BBC. She wrote: ‘Thank you for mentioning and acknowledging all my skills that were never aired. ‘And I am so sorry to all the fans and families who were not told about my absence this season. I will be there for the tour and I can’t wait to see you all.’ Rayner’s ‘absence’ from the upcoming series had not yet been public knowledge, but Metro has contacted her and the BBC for comment. ‘I am so sorry to all the fans and families who were not told about my absence this season,’ she wrote (Picture: BBC) The former gymnast, whose real name is Ella Mae Rayner, joined as Comet in 2023 (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock) Her comments come after it was reported that several Gladiators have been axed from the show, albeit with Comet not among them. Cyclone, Athena, and Bionic will reportedly not return this series. Cyclone, whose real name is Lystus Ebosele, has since clarified that it was her decision to leave the BBC show. She addressed the ‘many different narratives circulating about me being “axed” from the show I had previously been a part of’ – clearly avoiding naming the show. The Irish powerlifting champion wrote: ‘I have not been axed, I have left on [sic] my own accord. The various exits have made for a turbulent lead-up to the new series (Picture: Nick Eagle/BBC/Hungry Bear) ‘I am so sorry to all the families that have come to filming expecting me to be there, and have found out about my absence on arrival to the arena with no explanation, I truly am, but it’s not fair to fans of the show how things have transpired.’ The athlete then clarified that she had ‘made the decision to step away from the show for a few reasons’, but that she didn’t know ‘if or when’ she’d ever discuss what they were. ‘Ultimately it was the correct decision and one I don’t regret at all,’ she wrote. Deals of the Day Parents can save up to 30% on Kickers school shoes ahead of the new term The back-to-school hack that's helping parents avoid queues and sold-out sizes Could your hair be wavy rather than straight? This brand thinks so Could your star sign improve your skincare routine? This new beauty launch thinks so Best skincare for menopausal skin? This dermatologist-created treatment is tailored to you The various exits have made for a turbulent lead-up to the new series, which will also not include fan-favourite star Giant, who was axed from the series in April, amid claims his exit was due to his (now ex) girlfriend being an OnlyFans creator. Arrow MORE: Ricky Gervais finally addresses claims he ‘snubbed’ BBC’s The Office 25th anniversary Arrow MORE: Strictly It Takes Two’s Ellie Taylor swipes back at false claim she ‘ruins TV shows’ Arrow MORE: Met Police ‘failed in duty’ to Al Fayed’s modern slavery victims TV Newsletter Sign up and tell us which TV shows you love to watch to get personalised updates every morning.

Original Source

Read the full article at Metro →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.