Former Rockstar Developer Reacts To GTA 6 Leaks

Former Rockstar Developer Reacts To GTA 6 Leaks

Former Rockstar Developer Says GTA 6 Leaks Are A "Nothing Burger" Published Aug 22, 2026, 1:05 PM EDT George is the Lead News Editor for TheGamer, and has been working in the industry since 2021 after graduating from the University of South Wales with a bachelor's degree in Journalism. He has also previously written for RPG Site, WhatCulture, and PlayStation Lifestyle. George is an expert on platformers, action games, and fighters, but tends to play as many releases as possible. This hands-on experience lets him dive into gaming communities and follow the latest trends. Some of the games George has extensively covered first-hand include Dead Rising, Dragon Ball: Sparking Zero, Assassin's Creed Shadows, and Ninja Gaiden 4. Sign in to your TheGamer account Rockstar Games veteran Obbe Vermeij has reacted to all of the recent GTA 6 gameplay leaks and labelled them a “nothing burger” for the studio. Unless you’ve been living under a rock or are avoiding the internet like the plague until November 19, you no doubt know that GTA 6, the most anticipated game in the world, has been getting leaked left, right, and centre this week. Hacker group Cyberleek somehow has access to the game and has been leaking gameplay footage nearly every day. Throughout the whole ordeal, Rockstar and Take-Two have remained noticeably quiet outside of some court records proving they’re on the trail. Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier recently claimed that developers are feeling “frustrated and exhausted” over the leaks, but one former team member thinks the leaks aren’t a big deal. Rockstar Games Veteran Says GTA 6 Leaks Are A “Nothing Burger” Obbe Vermeij Argues Hot Coffee Was More Important Key art provided by Rockstar Games. Over on Twitter, former Rockstar Games technical director Obbe Vermeij (who worked at the studio until the launch of GTA 4) shared a response to the leaks, telling everyone to calm down since the situation is just a “nothing burger”. Vermeij says that Rockstar’s secrecy is just a marketing strategy, and that all that’s happened is some footage getting out early. The former Rockstar developer went on to say that 90 percent of players “don’t spend their time on the internet looking for video snippets” since they don’t have the time and “don’t want spoilers”. Vermeij thinks that the team will likely be “a little annoyed” about the situation, “but not more than that”. As a comparison point, Vermeij says that he was at the studio when the Hot Coffee drama went down, noting that it was a “nightmare for management” but didn’t really impact Rockstar North. Vermeij thinks the leaks are a “tiny blip” overall, and that the whole situation is “far less consequential” than Hot Coffee ever was. While it’s true that Hot Coffee was a much bigger deal overall, I can’t imagine Rockstar developers are feeling particularly happy about someone potentially being able to leak nearly a decade of their work on the biggest video game of all time for a crypto scam. Nothing too impactful has been shared just yet, but there’s no telling when that might change.

Original Source

Read the full article at Thegamer →

KhanList aggregates and links to publicly available news content. We do not host full articles from third-party sources. Always verify important information with original sources.